Search This Blog

Monday, September 20, 2010

Cranky mom tells formula company to buzz off!

 A friend posted this blog on Facebook and I had to share it with you all. I could of written every word of it myself and I know that most of you could too!!  These ads drive me nuts.  To the point that if Nick hears me cursing at the computer he'll ask "another formula commercial?" I rant and rave about it so much that even my kids will point out the ads in magazines and in stores and tell me that "They shouldn't do that, babies only need breastmilk!!"

Out of the mouths of babes, eh?

Monday, September 20, 2010

Hey! Your baby is a month old! It's time for FORMULA!!

Yes, apparently it is time to feed my baby formula, especially now that he's a whole FOUR WEEKS OLD.  At least according to Enfamil.  I got this in the mail last week:


Open it up and I can read about prebiotics and how they are in breast milk to support my baby's immune system.  But, now I can get them in Enfamil PREMIUM. 

"So, when you give your baby Enfamil PREMIUM, you're giving him a formula designed to support his natural defenses, which is one of the best things a mom can do."

And there are attached checks for my "next" purchase. 

Really?  Because being the crazy lady I am, I thought the BEST thing I could do was nurse my baby????  And what do you mean my "next" purchase?  I haven't purchased formula in the whole 7+ years since I birthed my first baby . . .

Maybe I'm doing something wrong . . .

Oh wait.  That's what they wanted me to think!!