Search This Blog

Sunday, June 13, 2010

Words to live by

During my many hours of surfing the net and traipsing through libraries I have jotted down many many great quotes that I've come across on random pieces of paper and notebooks... of course I'm famous for putting things in safe places....so safe that I can never find them again, so I've decided to start putting some of these quotes and enlightened thoughts into my blog.  (It'll probably become my sunday blog- as that's my clean up day and if I come across some of those "safe places" during the great purging of junk, I might as well put them somewhere truly safe!).

Some of these quotes might be anonymous, if you happen to know who the original thinker was, please let me know!!


A newborn baby has only three demands.  They are warmth in the arms of its mother, food from her breasts, and security in the knowledge of her presence.  Breastfeeding satisfies all three.  ~Grantly Dick-Read


While breastfeeding may not seem the right choice for every parent, it is the best choice for every baby.  ~Amy Spangler

My opinion is that anybody offended by breastfeeding is staring too hard.  ~David Allen

Breast Feeding should not be attempted by fathers with hairy chests, since they can make the baby sneeze and give it wind.  ~Mike Harding, The Armchair Anarchist's Almanac, 1981

Nursing does not diminish the beauty of a woman's breasts; it enhances their charm by making them look lived in and happy.  ~Robert A. Heinlein


O, thou beautiful damsel, may the four oceans
Of the earth contribute the secretion of milk
In thy breasts for the purpose for improving
The bodily strength of the child
O, thou with the beautiful face, may the child
Reared on your milk, attain a long life, like
The gods made immortal with drinks of nectar
~Sushruta, translated